U.S. University Readiness Program 2021
Note: This program will be delivered online due to the COVID 19 pandemic.
Application deadline is January 19, 2021
The U.S. University Readiness Program is a unique opportunity that will help you develop your English, prepare for required exams, understand your university options, and guide you through the application process.
This program is for motivated Grade 11 students in the UAE who are attending public and private schools that follow the MoE curriculum. A strong interest in U.S. university study and a commitment to participate in all after school and summer classes and activities is required.
- To develop students’ English language skills for everyday communication and academic preparedness
- To prepare students for standardized exams required for U.S. university admission
- To increase students’ knowledge about U.S. universities, admission requirements, and the application process
- To improve students’ likelihood of acceptance in U.S. universities
Student Eligibility Criteria
The program is open to Emirati and non-Emirati students in public as well as private schools. Students selected for this program MUST meet the following requirements.
- Enrolled in grade 11 for the academic year 2020-2021
- English language proficiency at the strong B1 (intermediate) level on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)—equivalent to a minimum score of 1200 on the EmSAT—which will be confirmed through a placement test
- A 3.0-grade point average—equivalent to a letter grade of B on a 4.0 scale or a percentage average of 83–86%--and a grade report for the first two years of secondary school
- Demonstrate aptitude, commitment, and genuine interest in U.S. higher education
- Ability to commit to an after school and summer program from January through July and September through December 2021
- A completed application form, student and parent commitment form, and a recommendation from a school administrator or teacher
Program Design and Components
- English language courses
- Academic & essay writing
- Advising on U.S. higher education opportunities and the application process
- Test preparation & administration
Students must complete and submit the online application, with all required documents scanned and uploaded.The student application is available at the link below: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GPK7QZ9
Application requires an online recommendation from a teacher or administrator at the applicant’s school. The teacher/administrator recommendation for the students is available at the link below: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GHHJYLQ
For further information, please contact us at: UURP.UAE@amideast.org