Course Duration: 35 Hours
Attaining the Project Management Professional (PMP®) designation has become a benchmark in many industries that employ project managers. For people who choose project management as a career this has become a professional certification they must achieve. This course helps participants understand and master the material that is covered on the PMP®exam and provides 35 hours of training required by the Project Management Institute (PMI) to be eligible for the exam.
Project management has been proven to be the most effective method of delivering products within cost, schedule, and resource constraints. This intensive and hands-on course gives participants the skills to ensure their projects are completed on time and on budget while giving the user the product they expect. Participants will gain a strong working knowledge of the basics of project management and be able to immediately apply it to effectively manage projects at work. In addition, participants will be well prepared to take the PMP®exam.
Why obtain the certification? PMI’s research shows that the worldwide average for PMP®certified project managers is over USD 114,000. The 2008 Salary Survey done by IT Republic showed that PMP®certified project managers made over USD 6,000 more than the next highest-paid certification, ITIL Foundations.
Course Fees : Available up on request
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- List all the knowledge areas and processes involved in projects
- Write a scope statement
- Develop a work breakdown structure for a project
- Identify the human resources required
- Estimate activity durations and create a schedule and budget
- Perform a projects risk assessment
- Be able to monitor, control, and close projects
- Pass the PMP® exam
Who Should Attend
- Project manager
- Project team members
- Professionals from various industries, such as IT, construction, etc., who are interested to become PMP® certified
Please review the eligibility requirements for PMP® certification at www.pmi.org.
The course covers the nine Knowledge Areas of the PMBOK® Guide along with the associated 42 management processes. These processes are used throughout the Initiating, Planning, Executing, Controlling and Monitoring and Closing segments of Develop a work breakdown structure for a project.
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Human Resource Management
- Project Communication Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- PMP Exam Information and Tips
- PMP®is a registered ceritification mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
AMIDEAST has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for registration and additional information.