Non-Amideast Funding

Students may apply institutional financial aid, institutional scholarships, and external scholarships to their study abroad program.

Institutional financial aid and/or scholarships may be used for the semester/academic year programs. Federal Financial Aid (Perkins Loans, SSIG Grant Program, Pell Grants, FSEOG Grants, Stafford Loans, SLS Loans, PLUS Loans, and Consolidation Loans) also can generally be used for study abroad programs. Get in touch with your study abroad or financial aid office to determine which awards could help support your time abroad.

There are a number of external scholarships that can be applied to Amideast programs, including the Gilman Scholarship Program, Boren Awards for International Study, the Diversity Network Summer Scholarship, the Fund for Education Abroad, Community Colleges for International Development, and STA Travel Scholarships.