- Students should have a record of high academic achievement demonstrated by an overall "B+" average (13/20) for the past three years (with no failing grades);
- Students must be currently enrolled in the First or Second year of secondary school (Tunisian Educational System), in Troisième or Seconde (French Educational System) AND between 15 and 17 years old by the time the program begins, next August 2021;
- Students should demonstrate maturity, good character, scholastic aptitude, flexibility and commitment to promoting cross cultural understanding;
- Students should have leadership qualities and demonstrate willingness to participate in the American host family's daily life;
- Students should meet the English proficiency requirement (minimum of 14/20 in English for the past three years);
- Students must not be U.S. citizens or permanent residents, and were not born in the United States.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete an Amideast YES Preliminary Application
- Provide a high school registration certificate (شهادة حضور)
- Provide birth certificate (Arabic and French)
- Provide certified true copies of the official annual grade transcripts of the last three years
- Provide 1 current photo
Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
How to submit your YES application?
There are two ways to submit your application. You can drop your completed application off at one of our offices, or mail it via Rapide Poste to our office in Tunis.
Tunis Office address: 33 Rue Ahmed Ramy 1002 Tunis-Belvédère
Sousse Office address: Residence Fatma, Avenue Yasser Arafat 4054 Sahloul
If you are sending your application to our office via Rapide Post, please make sure to keep a copy for yourself.
STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES
The program can support students with disabilities and encourages their participation. The Department of State and the YES program work with Mobility International (MIUSA) to provide students with disabilities leadership-building workshops, appropriate information, and support as needed to enhance their year in the United States. Students with disabilities must also meet the above eligibility requirements.
YES application and selection process
There are multiple rounds to the YES application and selection process. All applicants are required to take an English proficiency exam, write a proctored essay, complete a YES program application, and participate in group and individual in-person interviews. All candidates are selected on the basis of merit.
Pre-Application: Eligible students interested in applying are asked to fill out the Kennedy-Lugar YES preliminary application form available online. Applications can be delivered in person, sent through schools, or mailed to the office. A complete application must contain: Kennedy-Lugar YES preliminary application form; certified true copies of the official annual grade transcripts of the last three years; high school registration certificate; and current passport-sized photo. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered;
English Language Proficiency Test and Essays: Pre-selected applicants are invited to take an English Language Proficiency Test and write proctored essays;
Full Application: Selected applicants are invited to complete the full YES application;
In-person Interviews: Candidates who pass the English language proficiency exams and whose applications are accepted are invited for in-person group and individual interviews.
For questions, please contact Amideast at:
Exchange Program Manager: Sahar Kamkoum
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: +216 95 994 515