- Students should have a record of high academic achievement demonstrated by an overall "B+" average (13/20) for the past three years (with no failing grades);
- Students must be currently enrolled in the First or Second year of secondary school (Tunisian Educational System), in Troisième or Seconde (French Educational System) AND between 15 and 17 years old by the time the program begins, next August 2020;
- Students should demonstrate maturity, good character, scholastic aptitude, flexibility and commitment to promoting cross cultural understanding;
- Students should have leadership qualities and demonstrate willingness to participate in the American host family's daily life;
- Students should meet the English proficiency requirement (minimum of 14/20 in English for the past three years);
- Students must not be U.S. citizens or permanent residents, and were not born in the United States.
HOW TO APPLY
We are not currently accepting applications
- Complete an AMIDEAST YES Preliminary Application
- Provide a high school registration certificate (شهادة حضور)
- Provide birth certificate
- Provide certified true copies of the official annual grade transcripts of the last three years
- Provide 2 current photos.
Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
How to submit your YES application?
1- Submit the application directly at one of our centers:
Tunis Office address: 33 Rue Ahmed Ramy 1002 Tunis-Belvédère
Sousse Office address: Avenue Yasser Arafat 4054 Sahloul
Tunis Office address: 33 Rue Ahmed Ramy 1002 Tunis-Belvédère Send it via "rapide poste" to our main office in Tunis. Before sending your application to our office, please make sure to keep a copy for yourself.
3- Through your school which then will be sent to us through the Ministry of Education.
For more information on how to apply and to learn more about planned information sessions to be held in other regions of the country, please contact the YES program coordinator: Sahar Kamkoum at Sakamkoum@amideast.org
STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES
The program can support students with disabilities and encourages their participation. The Department of State and the YES program work with Mobility International (MIUSA) to provide students with disabilities leadership-building workshops, appropriate information, and support as needed to enhance their year in the United States. Students with disabilities must also meet the above eligibility requirements.
YES application and selection process
There are multiple rounds to the YES application and selection process. All applicants are required to take an English proficiency exam, write a proctored essay, complete a YES program application, and participate in group and individual in-person interviews. All finalists are selected on the basis of merit.
· Pre-Application: Eligible students interested in applying are asked to fill out the Kennedy-Lugar YES preliminary application form available online. Applications can be delivered in person, sent through schools, or mailed to the office. A complete application must contain: Kennedy-Lugar YES preliminary application form; certified true copies of the official annual grade transcripts of the last three years; high school registration certificate; and current passport-sized photo. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered;
· English Language Proficiency Test and Essays: Pre-selected applicants are invited to take an English Language Proficiency Test and write proctored essays;
· Full Application: Selected applicants are invited to complete the full YES application;
· In-person Interviews: Candidates who pass the English language proficiency exams and whose applications are accepted are invited for in-person group and individual interviews.
YES Alumni in Tunisia:
Since 2003, we have sent over 330 Tunisian high school students through the Kennedy-Lugar YES program.
Subscribe to YES Tunisi YouTube channel.
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tunisiayesprogram
For more information about the YES Alumni activities, please click here.
Deadline for submitting the application is October 25th, 2019.
For additional information about the Kennedy-Lugar YES Program, please contact:
Exchange Program Coordinator:
33 Rue Ahmed Ramy | 1002 Tunis-Belvédère
Monday– Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Exchange Program Assistant:
33 Rue Ahmed Ramy | 1002 Tunis Belvédère
Monday– Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Avenue Yasser Arafat – 4054 Sahloul
Monday– Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.