Amideast is partnering with Schmidt Futures and the Rhodes Trust to find young people across the Middle East & North Africa to join Rise, a program that finds promising young people and provides them with opportunities that allow them to work together to serve others over their lifetimes
Everyone who applies to Rise, from anywhere in the world, joins a community of peers and is invited to take part in specially curated opportunities from Rise’s partners around the world. The program connects talent from over 170 countries, with the second cohort of Global Winners hailing from countries around the world—including a number from the Middle East and North Africa.
How to Apply
The online applications are open on the Rise website and are available until January 17, 2024. For applicants without access to mobile technology, Rise works with its partners on the ground to offer alternative pathways.
Applications are due by January 17, 2024.
RISE GLOBAL WINNERS
Each year, Rise selects 100 Rise Global Winners ages 15-17 and provides them with support that may include need-based scholarships, mentorship,networking, access to career development opportunities, and the potential for additional funding as Rise Global Winners work toward solving humanity's most pressing problems.
Amideast is incredibly proud that Rise’s latest cohort of 100 Rise Global Winners included several from the MENA region: Dana Mohsen Abdelazim Ibrahim (Egypt), Jana Ashraf Diriyeh (Palestine), Leena Abdeen (Palestine), and Joud Baddawi (Jordan). These four join 10 MENA winners from Year 1 and Year 2.
Last year, we were pleased to host two webinars featuring Year 1 winners and learn about their brilliant projects. Watch them at the links below!
Benefits offered to Global Winners may include the following; specific benefits will vary from year to year as new opportunities become available:
- Residential Summit: One fully-funded in-person residential summit with other members of the Rise Global Winner cohort. Attendance at this summit is required to maintain Global Winner status.
- Higher Education Scholarships: A four-year, post-secondary education scholarship, including tuition and a living stipend, based on need and where not already covered by financial aid.
- Funding for Ideas on a Competitive Basis: Opportunity to apply for funding to experiment with innovative ideas to address major problems in local communities or around the world
- Network Matching: Access to a network of other Global Winners, community members and partner organizations, as well as career development programming.
- Starter Technology Packages: A technology package, such as a laptop or tablet, to be determined and issued immediately before or during the first semester/term of post-secondary education.