APPLICATIONS Are now closed.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Fulbright Program is the U.S. government's flagship international educational and cultural exchange program, creating connections in a complex and changing world. Led by the U.S. government in partnership with 160 countries worldwide, Fulbright builds lasting connections between the people of the United States and the people of other countries around the world, building mutual understanding between nations, advancing knowledge across communities, and improving lives around the world. The Fulbright Program enables Palestinian students to pursue master’s-level study in the United States.
- Tuition, living stipend, and travel and academic allowances.
- Opportunity to experience life in the United States and share your culture with Americans.
- Pre-academic training and enrichment seminars.
- Induction into the global Fulbright alumni network.
- Earn a graduate degree in a field of your choice from an American university.
This program is for graduates, and professionals from diverse social, economic, academic, and professional backgrounds. A competitive applicant should have an excellent academic record, strong English language skills, and the commitment to return to the West Bank and Gaza upon completion of the program. Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously studied or lived in the United States. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All recipients of a Fulbright scholarship must return to their home country or location for at least two years upon completion or termination of the grant.
APPLICANTS INTERESTED IN PURSUING A MASTER’S DEGREE MUST
- Be a Palestinian resident of West Bank, Jerusalem, or the Gaza Strip.
- Reside in the West Bank, Gaza, or Jerusalem throughout the application, selection and placement process.
- Have one year of professional work experience (after graduation).
- Have a strong academic background.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Be proficient in English and/or able to attend a Long-Term English (LTE) program prior to the start of the study program.
- Be interested in learning about American history and society, as well as sharing knowledge of Palestinian culture.
U.S. citizens or green card holders are not eligible to apply.
Applications will be accepted in most fields of study, including humanities, social science, science, technology, and engineering. However, master’s programs related to clinical studies, such as medicine and nursing, are not permitted. Medical professionals may apply for academic degrees.
Applications and materials must be submitted through the online system. You can apply at https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2022.
Applicants must submit:
- Official academic transcripts and diploma certificates in English;
- An up-to-date CV detailing all prior education and work experience;
- Three letters of reference in English;
- A personal statement in English up to 600 words in length;
- A research proposal in English relating to field of study (if applicable);
- Copy of passport and identification card (ID);
*English language proficiency assessment is optional but not required. If you have taken the TOEFL (IBT, ITP), IELTS, or Duolingo in the last two years, please include a copy of your results.
** A candidate who has resided in the United States for five or more consecutive years in the six-year period preceding the date of application is ineligible for a grant.
*** Amideast staff members and consultants and the employees of U.S. missions who work for the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. Agency for International Development are not eligible to apply, nor are their immediate family members, during the period of their employment and until one year following the termination of employment.
Selected candidates should be available for interviews in Ramallah or Gaza in July 2021.
For more information, call Amideast offices in Ramallah at 02-2408023 ext. 300 or Gaza at 08-2824635 ext. 206 or email email@example.com.You can also read our Frequently Asked Questions which may answer any questions you may have.