Applications are now closed!
The U.S. Embassy to Libya, in partnership with Amideast, will select up to 20 students (ages 15 – 17) to represent Libya at the U.S. Space Camp program in Huntsville, Alabama for one week in August 2024. This internationally renowned program is based on NASA astronaut training and focuses on teamwork and leadership skills. For further information about US Space Camp activities, click here.
How to Apply:
In order to apply to the program, students need to complete an online application form. All Space Camp activities are conducted in English.
Application Overview for Students
Applicants should be students from and based on Libya who have a strong interest in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics). A record of relevant academic achievements will be considered, along with leadership skills, and STEM-related extracurricular activities.
● Applicants must be between 15 and 17 years old as of February 2024;
● Applicants must be proficient in English;
● Applicants must currently attend a school in Libya;
● Applicants must be interested in STEM;
● Applicants must have no prior study or travel experience in the United States;
● Applicants must be willing and able to fully participate in a one-week summer program;
● Applicants must be comfortable with a multinational and diverse group of participants from all over the world.