· A fully funded scholarship program that covers tuition fees, accommodation and stipends for students from other governorates, books and educational materials, and a laptop.
· An opportunity to study at top universities in Egypt.
· A variety of programs and fields of study to choose from.
· A chance to engage in student development activities and to achieve a positive social impact.
- The British University in Egypt (BUE)
- University of Science and Technology- Zewail City
- Nile University
- Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology (E-JUST)
- Cairo University
- Ain Shams University
- Alexandria University
- Assiut University
- Mansoura University
Fields of study:
- Information Technology
- Economics and Political Science
- Mass Communication
- Students must be Egyptian (priority will be given to those who do not hold dual nationality).
- Students must be enrolled in public schools (Azhar, STEM, and Experimental schools are not eligible).
- Students must be enrolled in Thanaweyya Amma, with a score of no less than 85% for Science and Math sections, and 80 for Arts section.
- Students must meet all criteria set by the university they will be applying to.
- Students must not have lived more than three years abroad.
- Priority will be given to those with demonstrable financial need, academic excellence, and engagement in extracurricular activities.
- Preference will be given to Takaful and Karama Program beneficiaries.
Selection as a nominee for the Sawiris Distinction Scholarship does not guarantee university acceptance. Applicants need to apply to their desired universities. If nominated for the scholarship; the Sawiris Distinction Scholarship award will be made once university acceptance is obtained.
We are here to help you, so please do not hesitate to get in touch with AMIDEAST’s team for more information about the scholarship application process. Call us at 19263 or send us an email at: Egypt-SDS@amideast.org
The deadline to apply is August 25, 2021