The Hope Fund program enables underserved Palestinian youth, many from refugee backgrounds, to benefit from an undergraduate education in the United States. The program provides grants (financial assistance) to promising, academically qualified but financially challenged students from Gaza, the West Bank, and Jerusalem, to assist them in competing more successfully for scholarships to pursue their undergraduate studies in the United States.
This program does not guarantee U.S. college admission or a scholarship. This program provides assistance and support to students who are qualified for and very interested in future study in the United States but would otherwise not be able to afford the high cost of preparation courses, testing, application fees, etc.
Amideast will provide students with the following range of educational advising, test preparation and testing services
- Advising sessions on undergraduate study in the U.S. and the application process
- College Application & Essay Writing Workshop
- Provide Test Preparation Courses for iBT TOEFL and SAT I, if eligible
- Payment of college application fees
- If eligible, cover additional supplemental costs like books, supplies, health insurance, travel expenses (i.e., expenses beyond the basics of most university scholarships, such as tuition and room and board)
The Hope Fund seeks applicants who:
- Come from a low-income background. Candidates residing in a refugee camp will be given priority
- Currently in the 10th grade and have grade average of 90% or better in each grade: 9th, 10th, (if available)
- Current legal resident in the West Bank, Jerusalem, or Gaza; must be a resident throughout the entire candidacy process to be eligible
- Have an advanced level of English language proficiency as evident by an Amideast English language placement test score. Please contact the Amideast office in your area to inquire about available dates to sit for the Amideast English placement test. (cost of the test: 20 NIS)
- Able to obtain a US student visa
- U.S. citizens are not eligible
HOW TO APPLY
Students must complete and submit the application along with all supporting documents as detailed below. Applications must be submitted by hand to an Amideast office in the West Bank or Gaza no later than May 10, 2022.
The following documents should be attached to your application:
- 9th grade Grades/Report Card
- 10th grade Grades/Report Card (mid-year)
- Amideast English language placement test score report. Please contact the AMIDEAST office in your area to inquire about available dates to sit for the Amideast English placement test. (cost of the test: 20 NIS) and attach the score sheet to the application.
- Supporting financial documents/proof of income. Please include the ones that apply to you:
- Salary slips
- Bank Statements
- Letter from employer
- Proof of any financial assistance or scholarship from school/, if you receive any.
- Proof of any other financial support that you receive
- Explanation letter of any special circumstances regarding the financial situation of the family, signed by the student and parent(s).
- Copy of the data/photo pages of your passport (If available)
- Copy of your birth certificate or ID
- Completed, signed application form
- If you/your family are registered refugees, include a copy of your UNRWA Card
For additional information, please contact our offices in Ramallah or Gaza City:
Ramallah: 02-240-8023 ext. 300
Gaza: 08-282-4635 ext. 102