APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The IPSP is part of Ireland’s programme of assistance for Palestine, which supports the search for a lasting and just political solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. This programme reflects Ireland’s longstanding commitment to the development of a viable, sovereign Palestinian state, as part of a two-state solution. Development of the education sector in Palestine has been a long-standing focus area for Ireland in Palestine. The IPSP aims to further broaden Ireland’s support for educational opportunities available to Palestinians.
The Programme provides opportunities for candidates to choose from a wide variety of courses at 19 higher education institutions in Ireland.
In order to be eligible for the IPSP, candidates must:
- be a Palestinian currently resident in the occupied Palestinian territory, holding a Palestinian or Jerusalem ID;
- have identified and selected three relevant courses from the Directory of Eligible Postgraduate Courses ;
- hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum grade point average of 75% or 2.67 (or equivalent standard);
- have achieved the necessary academic standard to be accepted onto their chosen Master’s degree course in a higher education institution in Ireland (refer to the rough table of equivalency in the Selection of Course Choices section of the Guidance Note & Application Form);
- be applying to commence a new qualification and not be seeking funding for a course they have already commenced or which will begin before scholarship awards have been notified;
- not already hold a qualification at Master’s degree level or higher;
- be able to take up the scholarship in the academic year 2023/2024;
- submit with their application a valid English-language proficiency score report (dated September 2021 or later) with a minimum score of 6.5 on IELTS, or 550 on Institutional Testing Program (ITP), or 80 on Internet-based TOEFL (iBT) or 110 on Duolingo.
- Prior professional working experience is not required.
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
For a list of Frequently Asked Questions and Answers click HERE.
Amideast West Bank
Al-Watanieh Towers, 1st floor, El-Bireh, Ramallah
Tel: 02-2408023 ext. 300
Bseiso Building, 8th floor, Rimal Neighbourhood, Gaza
Tel: 08-2824635 ext. 102