The Representative Office of Ireland in Palestine is now accepting applications under the Ireland-Palestine Scholarship Programme (IPSP) for the 2022-2023 academic year. 25 full scholarships are being offered for one-year Master’s-level programmes in Ireland. The scholarships will cover tuition fees, flights, accommodation and living expenses.
The IPSP is part of Ireland’s programme of assistance for Palestine, which supports the search for a lasting and just political solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. This programme reflects Ireland’s longstanding commitment to the development of a viable, sovereign Palestinian state, as part of a two-state solution. Development of the education sector in Palestine has been a long-standing focus area for Ireland in Palestine. The IPSP aims to further broaden Ireland’s support for educational opportunities available to Palestinians.
The Programme provides opportunities for candidates to choose from a wide variety of courses at 25 higher education institutions in Ireland. Application forms and the course directory for the IPSP can be downloaded at the bottom of this page. The deadline for applications is 15 October 2021. Shortlisted candidates can be expected to be called for interviews in December 2021
To Apply: complete the form electronically (typed) and then print out the completed application form. Applicants must attach all accompanying documents as detailed in Section (6) of the application form.
Applications and accompanying documents must be submitted by hand to:
Amideast West Bank
Al-Watanieh Towers, 1st floor, El-Bireh, Ramallah
Tel: 02-2408023 ext. 300
Bseiso Building, 8th floor, Rimal Neighbourhood, Gaza
Tel: 08-2824635 ext. 102
In order to be eligible for the IPSP, candidates must:
- be a Palestinian currently resident in the occupied Palestinian territory, holding a Palestinian or Jerusalem ID;
- have identified and selected three relevant courses from the Directory of Eligible Postgraduate Courses;
- hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum grade point average of 75% or 2.67 (or equivalent standard);
- have achieved the necessary academic standard to be accepted onto their chosen Master’s degree course in a higher education institution in Ireland (refer to the rough table of equivalency in the Selection of Course Choices section of the Guidance Note & Application Form);
- be applying to commence a new qualification and not be seeking funding for a course they have already commenced or which will begin before scholarship awards have been notified;
- not already hold a qualification at Master’s degree level or higher;
- be able to take up the scholarship in the academic year 2022/2023;
- submit with their application a valid English-language proficiency score report (dated September 2020 or later) with a minimum score of 6.5 on IELTS, or 550 on Institutional Testing Program (ITP), or 80 on Internet-based TOEFL (iBT). If all of the previous tests are not obtainable, students are advised to take the test by registering on Duolingo, Duolingo English Test. A minimum score of 110 on Duolingo is required. Please make sure to take a screenshot of the Duolingo results and attach them to the application.
- Prior professional working experience is not required.
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please download the IPSP Application Form and Guidance Note by clicking HERE.
Please download the IPSP Directory of Eligible Postgraduate Courses by clicking HERE.
For a list of Frequently Asked Questions and Answers click HERE.
The IPSP scholarship closes on October 15, 2021.
Upcoming Essay Writing Workshop
Join our virtual Essay Writing Workshop for general tips and guidance on what makes a strong essay:
- HERE to register. September 26 at 3:00PM through Zoom. Click
Upcoming Information Sessions
To learn more about this scholarship, register to attend an upcoming virtual information session:
Applicants from West Bank and Jerusalem:
- October 4 at 3:00PM through Zoom. Click HERE to register.
Applicants from Gaza:
- October 3 at 2:00PM through Zoom. Click HERE to register.