The Gaza Mental Health and Resilience Initiative, funded by the U.S. Office of Palestinian Affairs, is a 45-hour training that targets students between 14 – 17 years old, who are interested in improving their psychological and mental well-being and are interested in drama, arts, culture, and/or sports activities. This training will equip participants with effective life skills and knowledge through techniques that will help them learn how to represent their inner experiences and develop an awareness of self needs. The training will address these issues through core themes of arts, psychodrama, physical movement/sports, and American culture topics.
45-hour training, consists of three main components:
- 15 hours of sychdrama training
- 15 hours of physical movement and stress relife activities
- 15 hours of arts activities
The training is scheduled to be delivered over three cohorts, twice a week:
- Cohort 1: January to March 2023
- Cohort 2: March to June 2023
- Cohort 3: June to August 2023
- Between 14-17 years old;
- Coming from a low-income family & from a marginalized area;
- Palestinian resident of Gaza; U.S. citizens or Green Card holders are not eligible;
- Interested in improving psychological and mental well-being;
- In need for help to learn how to overcome traumatic experiences;
- Interested in all or one of the activities of: drama, arts, sports, and/or American culture;
- Can commit to attending the whole duration of the training and to participating in all activities.
HOW TO APPLY
Amideast is no longer accepting applications for Gaza Mental Health and Resilience Initiative, funded by the U.S. Office of Palestinian Affairs.