Sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, the Fulbright Junior Faculty Development Programs (JFDP) for Egypt and Jordan and the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program for Iraq bring junior faculty in various discipline-based cohorts to the United States for intensive 10-week programs for faculty development, mentoring, and cultural exchange activities.
The intent of these programs is to equip junior faculty from Egypt, Iraq, and Jordan with the tools needed to build higher education capacity within their home institutions and advance education for future generations. The programs also provide the foundation for junior faculty and their U.S. hosts to develop sustainable institutional relationships and identify areas of cooperation to foster long-term collaboration and institutional linkages.
- Build higher education capacity in the home country of junior faculty through faculty development and mentoring.
- Foster long-term collaboration and institutional linkages between junior faculty and U.S. academics.
- Promote mutual understanding between the home country of junior faculty and Americans by facilitating engagement with the broader host campus community.
- Junior faculty participants from Egypt, Iraq, and Jordan will be immersed in programming to strengthen capabilities in areas such as research methodology, grant writing, pedagogy, curriculum development, and academic leadership.
- Participants will expand their professional networks by engaging in structured mentorships and participating in academic and community activities that foster sustainable linkages.
- Citizen and current resident of nominating country.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Commitment to classroom teaching and a desire to strengthen teaching and leadership skills.
- Scholar’s academic focus must be in one of the program’s offered academic discipline cohorts.
- Scholar must have an MA/MS degree with at least five years of university-level teaching experience
- Or a PhD and no more than five years of university-level teaching experience for Egypt and Jordan or eight years for Iraq.
- An MA/MS degree holder currently enrolled in a doctoral program must possess at least three years of university-level teaching experience.
- For country-specific eligibility requirements, please visit the Resource Page to find applicable contact information.