Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program for Iraq
Sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program for Iraq is designed to bring junior faculty in various discipline-based cohorts to the United States for intensive 10-week programs for faculty development, mentoring, and cultural exchange activities.
The intent of the 10-week program is to equip junior faculty from Iraq with the tools needed to build higher education capacity within their home institutions and advance education for future generations. The program will also provide the foundation for junior faculty and their U.S. hosts to develop sustainable institutional relationships and identify areas of cooperation to foster long-term collaboration and institutional linkages.
The Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program for Iraq provides participating U.S. host institutions an opportunity to augment internationalization efforts by encouraging faculty engagement and relationship building endeavors with participants from Iraq.
Program objectives include:
- Build higher education capacity in Iraq through faculty development and mentorship;
- Foster sustainable collaboration and institutional linkages between Iraqi junior faculty and U.S. academics; and,
- Promote mutual understanding between Iraqis and Americans by facilitating junior faculty engagement with the broader host campus community.
Cohort Discipline for the 2021 Visiting Scholar Program for Iraq
- Public Health (Public Health, Family and Community Health, Health Administration, Infectious Diseases, and Epidemiology)
- Orientation session for arriving junior faculty.
- On-campus academic program designed to advance understanding of new teaching and research techniques and U.S. higher education with an emphasis on teaching methodology, pedagogy, leadership, grant proposal writing, and research methodology.
- Mentorship by U.S. host institution faculty.
- Cultural and community engagement activities.
June 26 - September 4, 2021
JFDP@amideast.org - Program Related Questions
ProposalJFDP@amideast.org - Proposal Related questions