The Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) program provides scholarships for high school students to study for one academic year in the United States. YES students live with a host family, attend an American high school, acquire leadership skills, and engage in activities to learn about U.S. society and values; they also help educate Americans about their home country and culture. The program supports students with disabilities and encourages their participation.
Funded by the U.S. Department of State, the YES program was established by the U.S. Congress in 2003 to improve understanding between countries with significant Muslim populations and the United States. YES students serve as “youth ambassadors” of their home country, forming a cultural bridge of understanding by forming lasting relationships with their host families and communities.
Afer their year in the United States, YES alumni can look forward to participating in the active Moroccan YES alumni network.
- Have a record of high academic achievement
- Demonstrate flexibility and commitment to promoting cross cultural understanding
- Must be born between August 1st , 2002 and August 1st, 2004.
- Will be entering grade 10 or 11 in Fall 2018
- Meet minimum English proficiency requirement
- Are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, and were not born in the United States
HOW TO APPLY
- Fill out the Kennedy-Lugar YES application completely.
- Provide official school grades for the last three years.
- Provide a passport-sized photo
Applicants can submit the application online to MoroccoYES@amideast.org , deliver it in person to AMIDEAST, or mail the application to the following address:
Kennedy-Lugar YES Program
AMIDEAST 35, Rue Oukaimeden, Agdal, Rabat