APPLICATIONS ARE NOW closed!
Are you a current English teacher based in the south of Libya? Amideast is pleased to announce that we are currently accepting applications for a Professional Certificate in English Language Teaching (PCELT) course to be held in Tunis, Tunisia. This PCELT course is meant to prepare English language teachers with the skills they need to support the implementation of the Skills for Tomorrow program in the south of Libya.
Amideast has partnered with World Learning/SIT Graduate Institute to offer PCELT across the region, providing teachers with top-quality training, hands-on teaching experience, and American accreditation. PCELT's emphasis on practices that create a learner-centered, interactive classroom has already translated into an improved learning experience for tens of thousands of students in the region.
The 120-hour program is intended for teachers who wish to upgrade their knowledge and skills based on the latest language teaching methodologies and emerging trends in the field. The course will be held from December 19th to January 13th, 2023, in Tunis, where COVID safety precautions will be followed.
This is a scholarship opportunity; full tuition, and travel costs will be covered by Amideast.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a Libyan citizen based in the south of Libya.
- Be a current English teacher.
- Demonstrate English proficiency at an upper-intermediate level (B2)
- Have a minimum of one year of teaching experience and a maximum of 12 years
- Commit to an intensive schedule of 120 hours over 20 training days (with weekends off)
- Be able to travel to Tunisia from mid-December to mid-January 2023 to attend the PCELT training in Tunisia
- Commit to supporting the Skills for Tomorrow program in the south of Libya
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE Dec 5th, 2022.
Still have questions? For more information, email us at Libya@amideast.org.