APPLICATIONS ARE NOW Closed!
Are you an English teacher in the public sector, teaching at the primary or secondary or university level? Thanks to the support of the U.S. Embassy to Libya, Amideast is pleased to announce that we are currently accepting applications for a Professional Certificate in English Language Teaching (PCELT) course to be held in Benghazi this summer.
Amideast has partnered with World Learning/SIT Graduate Institute to offer PCELT across the region, providing teachers with top-quality training, hands-on teaching experience, and American accreditation. PCELT's emphasis on practices that create a learner-centered, interactive classroom has already translated into an improved learning experience for tens of thousands of students in the region.
The 120-hour program is intended for teachers who wish to upgrade their knowledge and skills based on the latest language teaching methodologies and emerging trends in the field. The course will be held from July 23rd, 2023 to August 20th, 2023, in Benghazi, where COVID safety precautions will be followed.
This is a scholarship opportunity; full tuition will be covered by the US Embassy to Libya.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a Libyan citizen based in Benghazi,
- Be currently employed as an English teacher in the public sector,
teaching at the elementary, middle, high school level, or university level
- Demonstrate English proficiency at an upper-intermediate level (B2)
- Have a minimum of one year of teaching experience and a maximum of 12 years
- Commit to an intensive schedule of 120 hours over 20 training days (with weekends and holidays off)