APPLICATIONS ARE NOW Closed!
About the mSSF
Amideast’s own MENA Scholarship Support Fund (MSSF) makes the dream of study in the United States possible for highly qualified students from underserved populations in Libya. Through this initiative, Amideast identifies students of exceptional accomplishment and promise who wish to pursue undergraduate study at an American college or university but cannot afford to do so. Selected students will receive academic mentorship and guidance through the U.S. college and university application process.
If accepted into a U.S. college or university with a generous financial aid package, the MSSF program also provides support for expenses like books, supplies, health insurance, travel expenses, and pocket money for day-to-day incidental costs. By helping close the gap in what might be needed to attend these institutions, MSSF enables star students to take advantage of generous offers from U.S. colleges and universities they wouldn’t otherwise be able to afford to attend.
The MSSF was previously known as the Diana Kamal Scholarship Search Fund (DKSSF). Amideast established the Diana Kamal Scholarship Search Fund (DKSSF) in 2006 in memory of our late Senior Vice President Diana Lufkin Kamal in recognition of her dedication to the field of international educational exchange. Because of the expansion of the program’s scope to include direct financial support, the name was changed in 2023 to the MENA Scholarship Support Fund.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Libyan student
- Admission with substantial financial aid package to a 4-year undergraduate program at a U.S. or U.S.-affiliated college or university.
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Students or parents must not be holders of a U.S. passport or green card.
- Leadership and community service experience
- Demonstrated interest in international education and cultural exchange
- Demonstrated maturity and commitment to fully engaging in academic and extracurricular activities
- Interested candidates must submit the application and other required documents to Amideast Libya by April 20, 2023. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
- Short-listed candidates will be invited to interview in May 2023.
Complete the application online. No hard copies will be accepted.
For more information, please contact Amideast at Libya@amideast.org.