All individuals are now invited to apply for the 2021-2023 Fulbright Foreign Student Program, a grant to obtain a Master’s degree at a university in the United States.
Since its inception in 1946, the Fulbright Program has provided more than 380,000 students, scholars, teachers, artists, and other professionals—chosen for their academic merit and leadership potential—with the opportunity to exchange ideas and contribute to finding solutions to shared international concerns. The Fulbright Program is funded by an annual appropriation from the U.S. Congress to the U.S. Department of State, and it is managed, coordinated, and overseen by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. Participating governments and host institutions, corporations, and foundations in more than 160 countries and the United States also provide direct and indirect support.
- Tuition, living stipend, and travel and academic allowances
- Opportunity to experience life in the U.S. and exchange culture
- Pre-academic training and enrichment seminars
- Induction into global Fulbright alumni network
a. Eligibility requirements:
A competitive applicant will have an excellent academic record, strong English language skills, an outstanding character, and the commitment to return to Lebanon upon completion of the program. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Lebanese citizen or Palestinian refugee holding the Special Travel Document issued by the Lebanese Government.
- Resident of Lebanon at the time of the application.
- Bachelor’s degree graduate (prior to summer 2021) from an institution recognized by the Lebanese Ministry of Education and Higher Education.
- Demonstrate academic excellence within his/her field of specialization.
- Pursue a field of study benefiting Lebanese society and/or Lebanese-American relations.
- Must apply for a master’s degree in any field of study except dentistry, medicine, pharmacy, nursing, or other clinical fields (nursing administration is permitted).
- Students from all other disciplines are welcome to apply, but students from the following fields of study are strongly encouraged to apply: humanities, social sciences, political science, public administration, journalism, urban planning, rural and economic development, entrepreneurship, gender studies, geotechnical engineering, or other fields that are not available in Lebanon.
- Be proficient in English and/or able to attend a Long-Term English (LTE) program prior to the start of study.
U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents are not eligible to apply for this program.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously studied in the United States.
- Fulbright students must return to Lebanon for at least two years upon completion of the program and will not be eligible for U.S. employment, immigration or residency visas during that time period. Fulbright students are eligible to apply for student, tourist, and business visas to the U.S. after completing the Fulbright program.
C. Application Instructions
- Complete the application online at https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2021
- Answer all questions accurately.
- Upload the following documents with your online application:
- Essays, which are key components of the application must be between 250 and 600 words each.
- Curriculum vitae or résumé
- Copy of only the biodata information page in English from the applicant’s passport (if available)
- Documentation of class rank (if available)
- Copy of all degrees in English (if available)
- TOEFL iBT score Note: The paper-based ITP TOEFL available at AMIDEAST is acceptable at the time of application. Selected finalists will be required to take the TOEFL iBT for entry into graduate programs.
Deliver hardcopies of the following supporting documents to the AMIDEAST office:
- One official transcript for each undergraduate and graduate degree (in English).
- Three sealed letters of recommendation (two from university professors). Letters of recommendation can be submitted online. Master of Business Administration (MBA) candidates: Three letters of recommendation (two from professional colleagues). Note: All recommendations must be submitted on the official Fulbright letter of recommendation form available on the website. Other formats will not be accepted.
- Two recent passport-sized photos with applicant’s name written on the back
Optional Submission of Graduate-Level Exam Scores:
- Applicants for most graduate programs must take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- MBA degree applicants must take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) instead of the GRE and have a minimum of two years of work experience (by August 2020).
- Applicants are not required to submit graduate exam results at the time of application. Scores may be submitted if available. Final selection of Fulbright grantees, however, will be contingent upon successful completion of the requisite exams in August 2020. Serious applicants are encouraged to prepare in advance for these required exams.
- Applications must be completed online. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Free workshops on the Fulbright Foreign Student Program, the application process, and essay will be held at AMIDEAST every first and last Wednesday of each month at 3:00 pm until the deadline.
- Any student requiring assistance or access to a computer and internet connection to complete the application is welcome to use the student advising center at AMIDEAST for free.
The Fulbright Alumni Association of Lebanon (FAAL) is inviting all prospective applicants for this year’s Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship to an online “Meet and Greet Session with Fulbright Alumni". During this session, applicants can ask about the scholarship and learn from the experiences of those who have completed their master’s degrees on the Fulbright scholarship program. The session will take place on Saturday, April 11, 2020 from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. Interested applicants should RSVP by April 7, 2020 on the link:https://forms.gle/cxm2ADSC8eMQ9qps9
Application Deadline: Friday, May 15, 2020
Short-listed candidates will be invited for an in-person interview in June 2020. Phone interviews are not possible.
To learn more about this program, visit http://eca.state.gov/fulbright
For additional Fulbright program and application information, please contact us on 01-989901 ext.162 or at firstname.lastname@example.org