Arabic teachers have the opportunity to learn more about U.S. teaching methodologies, culture, and society, as well as to improve their English language proficiency with TCLP-run workshops and professional development opportunities throughout the year. The exchange teachers also serve as cultural resources in the host school and community.
Candidates will be considered without respect to race, color, religion, sexual orientation or gender. Competition for TCLP is merit-based and open to anyone who:
- Is a citizen of Egypt or Morocco, and who currently resides in Egypt or Morocco;
- Is currently a full-time teacher of English as a Foreign Language or Arabic as a Foreign Language in a primary or secondary (K-12) school in Egypt or Morocco;
- At the time of application has at least four years of classroom teaching experience;
- Is prepared to teach for the entire U.S. academic year with leave time limited to school breaks;
- Has a firm understanding of Modern Standard Arabic (fus'ha);
- Has at least a Bachelor's degree;
- Demonstrates a commitment to continue teaching after completion of the program;
- Is proficient in written and spoken English; and
- Has submitted a complete application package.