VOLUNTEER TO BE A MENTOR!
Research shows that mentoring improves student achievement, and can have life-changing impacts. Volunteering is also known to enhance psychological and behavioral well-being for the volunteer. As a mentor, you will develop an ongoing individual relationship with an HEI scholarship student to support their adjustment to university life, coursework management, and career planning. No previous mentoring experience is required.
Mentors will meet with their mentees regularly for 9 months (1 hour per month) during the academic year – end of September to mid June. The location of the meeting is decided by you and your mentee (in person, phone, online, etc.)
THROUGH OUR MENTORSHIP PROGRAM YOU WILL:
- Develop your coaching skills and leave a lasting impact on Egypt’s future leaders
- Empower youth to advance professionally and enhance their skills and career opportunities
- Be a part of a support network for youth to help them realize their full potential
- Have 2+ years of experience within a specific area of expertise
- Have passion and motivation to share their knowledge and experience to help and contribute in the development of Egyptian youth
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and act as a positive role model
- Exhibit enthusiasm and value ongoing learning and growth in the field
If you have questions, please email: email@example.com
U.S.-Egypt Higher Education Initiative
The U.S.-Egypt Higher Education Initiative is an investment in Egypt’s future that provides educational opportunities for high-achieving Egyptians to learn skills that will better meet the needs of the 21st century economy. The Initiative encourages partnerships between Egyptian and American universities for knowledge transfer, research, and joint degree programs that reflect the needs of the modern economy in critical disciplines such as agribusiness, engineering, and entrepreneurship. It provides scholarships for talented young Egyptians – women and men from underserved communities in rural and urban areas – to Egyptian and American universities in fields that will help them reach their aspirations and contribute to Egypt’s economic prosperity.
For more information about U.S. - Egypt Higher Education Initiative Public University Scholarships please visit our website : www.amideast.org/hei