The program is vital to expanding communication between the people of the United States and the partner countries in the interest of promoting mutual understanding and respect. Students live with host families, attend high school, engage in activities to learn about American society and values, acquire leadership skills, and help educate Americans about their countries and cultures.
YES Scholars will have the opportunity to:
- Live with an American family
- Study at a U.S. high school
- Participate in a youth leadership training program
- Experience U.S. culture and society first hand
- Improve their English
- Make new friends
- Represent as Bahrain cultural ambassadors to the USA
- Birth Date must be between January 1, 2002 and August 1, 2005
- Private secondary school students in their home country who are currently enrolled in 9th or 10th Grade.
- Public secondary school students in their home country who are currently enrolled in 10th Grade.
- Applicant should demonstrate a high level of academic achievement — Minimum grade of "B" in all subjects for the past year; overall "B" average for the past three years
- Applicant should be a Bahraini citizen
- Is not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, and was not born in the United States
- Demonstrate flexibility and commitment to promoting cross cultural understanding
STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES
The program can support students with disabilities and encourages their participation. The Department of State and the YES program work with Mobility International (MIUSA) to provide students with disabilities leadership--‐building workshops, appropriate information and support as needed to enhance their year in America. Students with disabilities must also meet the above eligibility requirements.
YES Scholarships cover all major expenses, including:
- Room and board
- Health insurance
- Pocket money – stipend of $125 USD per month
- Educational supplies
Note: To apply for this year's KLYES Program, please download the above application form. Please submit the application form along with the school transcripts (for the last three years), and passport copy by November 8, 2019, at the address given below.
Please submit the following documents to the AMIDEAST Representative at the specified location and time:
- Completed Application Form
- School Transcripts
- Passport Copy
Date: November 8, 2019
Time: 8:00am – 12:00pm
Brinc Batelco IoT Hub
Batelco Building 3rd Floor, 58، Government Ave, Manama, Bahrain
** REGISTRATION FORMS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED DURING THE SPECIFIED TIME & DATE. LATE REGISTRATION FORMS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
For any questions, please contact the AMIDEAST office at
+973 3561-3315 [Bahrain] – only for WhatsApp
+973 3938-5966 [Bahrain] – only for emergency calls
+965 2247-0091 [Kuwait]