Eligible students include men and women who have the potential to become leaders, represent the region’s cultural, religious, and geographic diversity, are from socio-economically deserving backgrounds, and are unable to afford, four years of college enrollment at an American university in the Middle East.
The primary objective of MEPI's Tomorrow's Leaders program is to build a cadre of university-age leaders who are civic-minded, intellectually able, and professionally skilled, who will become the community, business, and national leaders of the future. The program intends to nurture leadership skills and the spirit of civic engagement and volunteerism among outstanding university-age students at the American University of Beirut (AUB), the American University in Cairo (AUC), and the Lebanese American University (LAU). Selected students will join the 501 Tomorrow’s Leaders who have participated in this program.
Tomorrow's Leaders may pursue an eligible undergraduate degree in a selected field at one of the three host institutions and should be prepared to begin the program in the Fall 2020 term. Participants are expected to maintain at least a 3.0 GPA, engage in community service activities, and participate in career-relevant internships. Students may also have an opportunity for a study abroad semester in the United States. Limited English language training will be provided for some participants.
Participation in the program includes: travel, academic fees for four years of university at AUB, AUC, or LAU, accident and sickness insurance, housing, and a monthly allowance during the school year.
Click the links below for more information about available majors:
- Current high school senior or applicant who graduated from high school in 2018 or 2019;
- A citizen, or national, of Yemen and those qualified to hold a valid Yemeni passport;
- Strong academic credentials;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English with a minimum of 490 for the TOEFL ITP® and 55 for the TOEFL iBT® that is less than two years old;
- Students who qualify may be eligible for up to one year of intensive English language training;
- Maturity, flexibility, and leadership potential;
- Must maintain a high GPA and pass high school leaving exam in final year;
- Ability to start the program in August/September of 2020.
Note: American citizens are not eligible If you do not have a TOEFL® score, or if your score is more than two years old, contact AMIDEAST for test scheduling
Deadline for submitting the application is November 15, 2019
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: 02-235-069//70/71-Ext. 116
For more information about the U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative, please go to: https://mepi.state.gov