Eligible students include men and women who have the potential to become leaders, represent the region’s cultural, religious, and geographic diversity, are from socio-economically deserving backgrounds, and are unable to afford four years of college enrollment at an American university in the MENA region.
The primary objective of MEPI's Tomorrow's Leaders program is to build a cadre of university-age leaders who are civic-minded, intellectually able, and professionally skilled, who will become a community, business, and national leaders in the future. The program intends to nurture leadership skills and the spirit of civic engagement and volunteerism among outstanding students at the American University of Beirut (AUB), the American University in Cairo (AUC), and the Lebanese American University (LAU). Selected students will join the 559 Tomorrow’s Leaders who have participated in this program.
Tomorrow's Leaders may pursue an eligible undergraduate degree in a selected field at one of the three host institutions and should be prepared to begin the program in the Fall 2021 term. Participants are expected to maintain at least a 3.0 GPA, engage in community service activities, and participate in career-relevant internships. Students may also have an opportunity for a study abroad semester in the U.S. Students are expected to have strong English language skills; limited English-language training will be provided for some participants.
Participation in the program includes full tuition coverage (for a maximum period of four academic years) at one of the participating universities, health insurance, housing, monthly living allowance, two yearly round trip tickets from and to your home country, civic leadership, and career-oriented workshops, internship opportunities, and faculty mentorship and guidance.
Click the links below for more information about available majors:
- Current high school senior or applicant who graduated from high school in 2019 or 2020;
- A citizen or national of Yemen and those qualified to hold a valid Yemeni passport;
- Strong academic credentials;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English with a minimum of 490 for the TOEFL ITP® or 55 for the TOEFL iBT® that is less than two years old;
- Students who qualify may be eligible for up to one year of intensive English language training;
- Maturity, flexibility, and leadership potential;
- Must maintain a high GPA and pass high school leaving exam in the final year;
- Ability to start the program in August/September of 2021.
Note: U.S. Citizens or U.S. Legal Permanent Residents are not eligible to apply.
If you do not have a TOEFL score, or if your score is more than two years old, contact AMIDEAST for test scheduling.
Deadline for submitting the application is December 4, 2020
Email: email@example.com; Tel: 02-235-069/70/71-Ext. 121
For more information about the U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative, please go to: https://mepi.state.gov