The TL Program is an innovative opportunity that offers degree-granting, university-level undergraduate scholarships at select U.S. accredited institutions of higher education in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA): The American University of Beirut (AUB), the Lebanese American University (LAU), and the American University in Cairo (AUC).
Eligible students include men and women who have the potential to become leaders, represent the region’s cultural, religious, and geographic diversity, are from socio-economically deserving backgrounds, and are unable to afford four years of college enrollment at an American university in the MENA region.
The primary objective of the TL Program is to build a cadre of university-aged leaders who are civic-minded, intellectually able, and professionally skilled, who will become community, business, and national leaders in the future. The program intends to nurture leadership skills and the spirit of civic engagement and volunteerism. Selected students will join the 608 Tomorrow’s Leaders who have already participated in this program.
Tomorrow's Leaders may pursue an eligible undergraduate degree in a selected field at one of the three host institutions and should be prepared to begin the program in the Fall 2022 term. Participants are expected to maintain at least a 3.0 GPA, engage in community service activities, and participate in career-relevant internships. Students may also have an opportunity for a study abroad semester in the United States. Students are expected to have strong English language skills; limited English language training will be provided for some participants.
Participation in the program includes: full tuition coverage (for a maximum period of four academic years) at one of the participating universities, health insurance, housing, monthly living allowance, two yearly round-trip tickets from and to your home country, civic leadership and career-oriented workshops, internship opportunities, and faculty mentorship and guidance.
Click on the links below for more information about available majors:
- Current high school senior or applicant who graduated from high school in 2021;
- A citizen or national of West Bank and Gaza. Palestinians residing outside of the West Bank and Gaza are also eligible. Credentials required for Palestinians residing outside of the West Bank and Gaza will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Strong academic credentials;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English with a minimum of 55 for the TOEFL iBT® that is less than two years old;
- Students who qualify may be eligible for up to one year of intensive English language training;
- Maturity, flexibility, and leadership potential;
- Must maintain a high GPA and pass high school leaving exam in final year;
- Ability to start the program in August of 2022.
Note: U.S. citizens or U.S. legal permanent residents are not eligible to apply.
If you do not have a TOEFL® score, or if your score is more than two years old, contact Amideast for test scheduling.
The application deadline has been extended to December 22, 2021.
Further information is available online at www.amideast.org/tl.
For questions, please contact Amideast:
Email: email@example.com; Tel: +970-8-282-4635 Ext. 206