Sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, the Fulbright Junior Faculty Development Programs (JFDP) for Egypt and Lebanon and the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program for Iraq bring junior faculty in various discipline-based cohorts to the United States for intensive 10-week programs for faculty development, mentoring, and cultural exchange activities.
The intent of these programs is to equip junior faculty from Egypt, Iraq, and Lebanon with the tools needed to build higher education capacity within their home institutions and advance education for future generations. The programs also provide the foundation for junior faculty and their U.S. hosts to develop sustainable institutional relationships and identify areas of cooperation to foster long-term collaboration and institutional linkages.
- Build higher education capacity in the home country of junior faculty through faculty development and mentoring.
- Foster long-term collaboration and institutional linkages between junior faculty and U.S. academics.
- Promote mutual understanding between the home country of junior faculty and Americans by facilitating engagement with the broader host campus community.
- U.S. Host Institutions:
Participating U.S. host institutions will enjoy a unique opportunity to establish lasting relationships with Egyptian, Iraqi, and Lebanese faculty members.
The JFDP will aid U.S. host institutions in their endeavors to advance current internationalization efforts on-campus and within the surrounding community.
- Junior faculty participants from Egypt, Iraq, and Lebanon will be immersed in programming to strengthen capabilities in areas such as research methodology, grant writing, pedagogy, curriculum development, and academic leadership.
- Participants will expand their professional networks by engaging in structured mentorships and participating in academic and community activities that foster sustainable linkages.
2019 JFDP Program Dates: June 30 to September 8, 2019
Please click on program flyer to download document.
If interested in the Fulbright Foreign Student Program, click here.