Sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program for Iraq (IVSP) bring junior faculty in various discipline-based cohorts to the United States for intensive 10-week programs for faculty development, mentoring, and cultural exchange activities.
The intent of these programs is to equip junior faculty from Iraq with the tools needed to build higher education capacity within their home institutions and advance education for future generations. The program also provides the foundation for junior faculty and their U.S. hosts to develop sustainable institutional relationships and identify areas of cooperation to foster long-term collaboration and institutional linkages.
- Build higher education capacity in the home country of junior faculty through faculty development and mentoring.
- Foster long-term collaboration and institutional linkages between junior faculty and U.S. academics.
- Promote mutual understanding between the home country of junior faculty and Americans by facilitating engagement with the broader host campus community.
U.S. Host Institutions:
Participating U.S. host institutions will enjoy a unique opportunity to establish lasting relationships with Iraqi faculty members.
The IVSP will aid U.S. host institutions in their endeavors to advance current internationalization efforts on-campus and within the surrounding community.
- Junior faculty participants from Iraq will be immersed in programming to strengthen capabilities in areas such as research methodology, grant writing, pedagogy, curriculum development, and academic leadership.
- Participants will expand their professional networks by engaging in structured mentorships and participating in academic and community activities that foster sustainable linkages.
2023 IVSP Dates: Late June 2023 - Early September 2023 (Exact Dates TBD)
Amideast is not recruiting for the JFDP for Egypt and Jordan at this time.
Please click on program flyer to download document.
If interested in the Fulbright Foreign Student Program, click here.