Our country-specific student handbooks are a great resource for students, dealing with questions of academics, housing, and even packing! We do update the handbook regularly, so there may be changes.
- Student Handbook for Morocco
- Student Handbook for Jordan
- Student Handbook for Tunisia
- Visiting Student Handbook for American University of Dubai
All applicants must sign (via their Student Portal) our Financial Policies before submitting their application to an Amideast Education Abroad program. Applicants should familiarize themselves with the policies, which include information on fees, deposits, refunds, and other financial issues.
STUDENT AGREEMENT & RELEASE
We ask all students to sign a Student Agreement and Release prior to participating on a program. Students going onsite should review the Student Agreement & Release for Onsite Programs and students on the Virtual Learning and Cultural Exchange Program should review the Student Agreement and Release for VCE.
INDEPENDENT TRAVEL POLICY
Students may travel independently during the program, but students must follow the Amideast Education Abroad Travel Policy and register their travel via the online portal. For travel within the host country, students must register their travel 24 hours in advance of departure; for international travel, students must follow the guidelines in the travel policy. Students may travel on the weekends or between sessions but are not allowed to miss classes or other mandatory activities. Failure to follow the Amideast Education Abroad Travel Policy may result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal from the program.
Please note: While this policy is in place during normal times, due to coronavirus testing and quarantining procedures upon entry into host countries, participants should expect restrictions to independent travel outside of and within the host country on the basis of host country and program policies and guidelines. Read our latest updates on our blog.
Many of our students have shared their experiences with us through blog posts, photo essays, videos, and more. Take a look at what previous students have shared regarding their homestays, excursions, and class schedules!
SPEAK WITH AN ALUM
If you'd like to speak with an alum of a program you are interested in, please contact us and we'll put you in touch!
SPEAK WITH OUR STAFF
Do you have questions or concerns you'd like to speak directly with our staff about? Sign up for an appointment with someone from our team.
- Are you a minority student? Check out Diversity Abroad.
- Wondering how to post on social media? Check out this video on Sensitivity in Social Media.
- Are you concerned about being a LGBTQIA+ student in the Middle East? Check out Amideast's LGBTQIA+ Student Resources Guide.
- Do you have a learning or medical disability? Check out Mobility International USA.
- Are you concerned about harassment? Check out our Resources on Harassment in the MENA Region.