Eligible applicants for AMIDEAST Education Abroad Programs:
- Are enrolled at an accredited college/university and have completed at least one year of post-secondary study.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale). Applications are considered holistically, so if your GPA is below 3.0, please explain these circumstances in the "Additional Information" portion of your application.
- Are physically & emotionally prepared to spend 1-8 months in Egypt, Jordan, Morocco or Tunisia.
- Are willing to adapt to a new, potentially challenging environment.
The majority of AMIDEAST EdAbroad participants are undergraduates, but we do welcome applications from recent graduates and graduate students. High school or gap year students should contact us to start a discussion.
Applicants can begin and submit applications for multiple programs, but they will need to complete all the questionnaires in each program application.
Applications for AMIDEAST EdAbroad programs are accepted and considered on a rolling basis with the following deadlines for both programs and scholarships:
- March 15: Summer Sessions
- April 15: Fall Semester & Academic Year
- October 15: Spring Semester
Despite the open nature of our application process, we urge you to complete your application as soon as possible in order to ensure space for you on your preferred program.
All applications will be completed in our Application Portal. All questionnaires need to be completed and submitted by the deadline for the application to be considered. Additional materials for a program application include:
- Official Transcript(s) for all college(s)/university(ies) attended
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Study Abroad Advisor Form
After all documents have been received, applications will be considered. AMIDEAST staff will notify students of their application status and then students have TWO weeks to submit their Participation Confirmation Form and $500 program deposit.