AMIDEAST’s Customized Programs offer colleges, universities, secondary schools and non-profit organizations the opportunity to provide students with a specialized and guided education abroad experience in the Middle East and North Africa. From language to engineering, AMIDEAST assists with the process of creating a program that fits specific needs and interests of the organization.
Why choose AMIDEAST?
- AMIDEAST’s Customized Education Abroad Programs draw deeply from the connections and expertise that come with the organization’s long history in the Arab world.
- AMIDEAST has worked with faculty members, study abroad offices, and other groups from educational institutions for several decades to bring ideas from the drawing table to a full experience. Programs offer intimate explorations of the diverse cultures and communities in the Middle East and North Africa.
- AMIDEAST has helped create short-term programs as short as 10 days to as long as three months. Whether faculty or staff-led, AMIDEAST works with institutions to design programs that meet specific programmatic needs.
- AMIDEAST’s knowledgeable staff works with clients to design programs. Staff can make suggestions for possible lecture topics and lecturers, organizations to visit, cultural activities, and connections to local governmental, non-governmental, and private sector organizations.
- AMIDEAST staff can make logistical arrangements for programs, including local transportation, housing and meals, classroom space, phones, insurance, and excursions or field trips.
Where does AMIDEAST work?
AMIDEAST currently organizes Customized Programs in the following countries in the Middle East and North Africa:
- The United Arab Emirates
Please click on any of the countries listed above to explore potential program ideas.
What is the process for setting up a customized program?
- Fill out an initial Customized Programs Request form.
- AMIDEAST staff will follow up to set up a phone meeting to discuss the details of the proposal.
- AMIDEAST staff in Washington, D.C. will work with Field Office staff to create an initial itinerary and budget, including pricing bands that show the varying costs based on the number of potential participants. This process usually takes 3-5 weeks.
- Once the itinerary and budget have been approved by the client, AMIDEAST will draw up an agreement outlining the specifics of the program.
- After the contract is signed by both parties, AMIDEAST will begin preparations for the proposed program.
- View sample itineraries from past programs
For more information, please email EdAbroad@amideast.org