The Tomorrow’s Leaders program is a MEPI initiative for capable and highly motivated high school seniors in the Middle East and North Africa who are from underserved backgrounds. The program will provide four-year university enrollment and internship opportunities at select institutions of higher learning in the Middle East.
Eligible students include men and women who have the potential to become leaders, represent the region’s cultural, religious, and geographic diversity, are from socio-economically deserving backgrounds, and are unable to afford four years of college enrollment at an American university in the Middle East.
The primary objective of MEPI's Tomorrow's Leaders program is to build a cadre of university-age leaders who are civic-minded, intellectually able, and professionally skilled, who will become the community, business, and national leaders of the future. The program intends to nurture leadership skills and the spirit of civic engagement and volunteerism among outstanding university-age students at the American University of Beirut (AUB), the American University in Cairo (AUC), and the Lebanese American University (LAU). Selected students will join the 501 Tomorrow’s Leaders who have participated in this program.
Tomorrow's Leaders may pursue an eligible undergraduate degree in a selected field at one of the three host institutions and should be prepared to begin the program in the Fall 2020 term. Participants are expected to maintain at least a 3.0 GPA, engage in community service activities, and participate in career-relevant internships. Students may also have an opportunity for a study abroad semester in the United States. Limited English language training will be provided for some participants.
Participation in the program includes: travel, academic fees for four years of university at AUB, AUC, or LAU, accident and sickness insurance, housing, and a monthly allowance during the school year.
Click on the links below for more information about available majors:
- Current high school senior or applicant who graduated from high school in 2018 or 2019;
- A citizen, or national, of Syria and those qualified to hold a valid Syrian passport, must be residing outside of Syria to be eligible;
- Strong academic credentials;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English with a minimum of 55 for the TOEFL iBT® that is less than two years old;
- Students who qualify may be eligible for up to one year of intensive English language training;
- Maturity, flexibility, and leadership potential;
- Must maintain a high GPA and pass high school leaving exam in final year;
- Ability to start the program in August/September of 2020.
Note: American citizens are not eligible
If you do not have a TOEFL® score, or if your score is more than two years old, contact AMIDEAST for test scheduling.
Deadline for submitting the application is December 2, 2019
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +961-1-989901 ext 162
For more information about the Middle East Partnership Initiative, please go to: www.mepi.state.gov.