AMIDEAST is recruiting 20 unemployed young men and women, aged 18 - 30, for a nine-month intensive training program that will enable them to find a job.
Participants will benefit from more than 200 hours of training, divided into three phases.
Phase 1 - Personal & Professional Skills
This training focuses on critical personal and professional skills relevant to most career paths:
- 100 hours of English language, focused on communication for the workplace
- 40 hours of computer and IT skills
- 35 hours of workplace readiness skills, such as customer service and decision-making
Phase 2 - Employability Track
Participants will receive 30 hours of training on job search skills, preparing them to pursue jobs based on their past experience, abilities and market demand in their local areas.
Phase 3 - Pay-it-Forward Activity
Participants will also be prepared to deliver self-development sessions to youth in their communities.
To be eligible to apply for this training opportunity, applicants should be:
- Lebanese, Syrian or Palestinian nationals residing in Lebanon and experiencing difficult financial circumstances
- 18 - 30 years old
- Currently unemployed and serious about finding a job
- Able to fully commit to all phases of this intensive training program
Shortlisted candidates will be required to do a placement test in the week of June 17 and an interview in the week of June 26 before finalists are selected. Program is expected to start on July 1.
The deadline to apply is June 14, 2019
For more information, contact AMIDEAST: