The Tomorrow’s Leaders program is a MEPI initiative for capable and highly motivated high school seniors in the Middle East and North Africa who are from underserved backgrounds. The program will provide four-year university scholarships and internship opportunities at select institutions of higher learning in the Middle East to students who have the potential to become leaders.
Eligible students include men and women who represent the region’s cultural, religious, and geographic diversity and are from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds, who could otherwise gain admission to, but would be unable to afford, four years of college at an American university in the Middle East. Tomorrow's Leaders recipients should be prepared to begin the program in the Fall 2020 term.
The primary objective of MEPI's Tomorrow's Leaders program is to build a cadre of university-age leaders who are civic-minded, intellectually able, and professionally skilled, who will become the community, business, and national leaders of the future. The program intends to nurture leadership skills and the spirit of civic engagement and volunteerism among outstanding university-age students at the American University of Beirut (AUB), the Lebanese American University (LAU), and the American University in Cairo (AUC). Selected students will join the 501 Tomorrow’s Leaders who have participated in this program.
Tomorrow's Leaders may pursue an eligible undergraduate degree in a selected field at one of the three host institutions. In addition to their studies, recipients will be expected to maintain at least a 3.0 / 80% GPA, engage in community service activities and participate in internships. Limited English language training will be provided for some participants. Students may also have an opportunity for a study abroad semester in the United States.
Participation in the program includes: travel; academic fees for four years of university at AUB, LAU, or AUC; a study abroad experience in the United States; accident and sickness insurance; housing; and a monthly allowance. Limited pre-academic English language training will be provided for some participants.
Click the links below for more information about available majors:
- Current high school senior or applicant who graduated from high school in 2019
- A citizen, or national, of Iraq and those qualified to hold a valid Iraqi passport
- Strong academic credentials
- Proficiency in written and spoken English with a minimum of 55 for the TOEFL iBT® that is less than two years old
- Students who qualify may be eligible for up to one year of intensive English language training
- Maturity, flexibility, and leadership potential
- Must maintain a high GPA and pass high school leaving exam in final year
- Ability to start the program in August/September of 2020
How to Apply
- In order to apply, please use the button at the top right of the page - APPLY ONLINE
Note: American citizens are not eligible
If you do not have a TOEFL® score, or if your score is more than two years old, contact AMIDEAST for test scheduling.
Deadline for submitting the application is December 2, 2019
For questions, please contact AMIDEAST at:
Email: email@example.com; Tel: +964 0770 645 2275
For more information about the U.S.-Middle East Partnership Initiative, please go to www.mepi.state.gov.