GMAT English Teacher
Qualified native English GMAT Teacher required on a part-time basis. 3 evenings a week, 60 hour course.
- Must have at least 5 years experience in teaching the GMAT, with a proven track record of success
- Must have taken the GMAT test and achieved a score in the 90th percentile
- Should be well-versed in all aspects of the GMAT, including knowledge of test format, dates offered, test enrollment processes, and admissions timeline
English Language Teacher
Qualified native or near-native English Teacher required on a part-time basis.
- Plan and teach lessons at various levels of ESL and/or for standardized test preparation (e.g. TOEFL)
- Adapt curriculum, as necessary, to meet the level and needs of the students
- Deliver courses in English for Special Purposes (ESP) as needed
- Develop and administer written and oral assessments, including proctoring exams as needed
- Develop and maintain an objective grading system, and issue timely progress and final reports for distribution to the students
- Manage a teaching load of up to 24 contact hours per week
- Monitor best practices and new developments in the fields of English Language training and incorporate those practices as appropriate
- Participate in professional development programs, including workshops and conferences in Abu Dhabi, UAE and elsewhere
- Assist the English Language Coordinator to prepare monthly, semi-annual and annual statistical and narrative reports on the English Language Program
- Maintain a professional, yet friendly, relationship with the students and administrative staff
- Dress professionally and appropriately at all times
- Follow AMIDEAST's standard operating procedures
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will aslo perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and management.
- TEFL Certificate (CELTA / DELTA / TESOL) Diploma
- At least two years of English Language teaching experience
- Computer literacy in MS Office
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess problem-solving skills, be a team player and a self-starter
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and customer service orientation
- Must be willing to travel to sites off the island
- Knowledge of U.S. education system
- Knowledge of U.S. standardized tests (TOEFL, TOEIC, GRE, GMAT, SAT and other)
Qualified candidates should send an application letter and curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only short-listed applicants will be notified.