The AMIDEAST Entrepreneur Institute seeks to advance entrepreneurship as a way of stimulating job creation and economic growth in the Middle East and North Africa. Currently located in Beirut, the AEI offers training and other support to new and aspiring entrepreneurs as they seek to launch and grow their business ventures. It also welcomes local business leaders to share their practical advice and experience and foster valuable networking opportunities. Launched in spring 2014, the AEI was built on the foundation of AMIDEAST’s successful partnership with the Cisco Entrepreneur Institute, which benefited hundreds of aspiring entrepreneurs, business owners, and professionals in Lebanon, Oman, Morocco, Tunisia, and the West Bank through its workshops, online training curriculum, networking tools and events, and individual support.
The mission of the AMIDEAST Entrepreneur Institute is to advance private enterprise for start-up and small-to-medium-size businesses in Lebanon by providing:
- Entrepreneur-specific business knowledge
- A resource center where entrepreneurs can find sound business advice and support
The AMIDEAST Entrepreneur Institute offers:
- Entrepreneurship training delivered by a successful Lebanese entrepreneur
- Advice from guest speakers and business advisors who are regional and local entrepreneurs or experts
- An online platform including complete workshop materials
- Access to a network of other entrepreneurs, business leaders and experts motivated to help you succeed
- Participant guides
- Business template documents
- Business videos
- Ongoing individual support
- Networking events
- A central source to keep you informed about all entrepreneurship activities and support in Lebanon
- Power session trainings on topics you request
Project Activities and Results
- Participants give high marks to the AMIDEAST Entrepreneur Institute workshops for exposing them to important issues they would not otherwise have considered; providing and identifying networking opportunities; and presenting a combination of in-class sessions, online workshop materials, and participant guidance.
- All participants continue to receive advice, helpful introductions, links, and other support from the local institute program manager, facilitators, and guest speakers.
- The institute has helped many Individual entrepreneurs take the critical first steps to realize their business goals. Click here to view just a few of these “success stories.”