AMIDEAST/Oman announces a summer study opportunity at an accredited U.S. university! Current college students interested in studying management, human resources and leadership and experience the U.S. and its culture are invited to apply!
About the program
In cooperation with Western Kentucky University (WKU), AMIDEAST is launching its first ever "Summer Study Abroad" program for students from Oman!
Students will receive formal instruction in the following four areas:
- Cultural Components & Communication
- Human Resources
In addition, students will gain cross-cultural communication skills through:
- interaction with guest speakers who are extremely knowledgeable in the above fields
- Community service activities
- Lectures, readings, discussions and presentations in English
Finally, students will have the opportunity to experience American culture through the following excursions:
- Mammoth Cave (one of the “wonders of the world”)
- The thoroughbred horse capital of the world in Lexington, Kentucky
- The home of Country Music in Nashville, Tennessee
- The Muhammed Ali museum in Louisville, Kentucky
Requirements: Interested students must meet the following criteria:
- A current college/university (undergraduate) student who has completed foundation
- Obtain a letter of "good standing" from current college/university
- TOEFL ITP score (500), TOEFL iBT score (70) or IELTS score (6.5)
Dates: July 1 - July 28, 2012
Location: Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green, Kentucky
Cost: 2,945 OMR (includes tuition, housing, most meals and airfare)
Interested students should inquire and submit an application, TOEFL/IELTS score, "good standing" letter and 25 OMR application fee (non-refundable) by April 15th, 2012.
Questions? Contact AMIDEAST's Educational Consultant, Steve DiPangrazio, by email or call 2456-1727.