Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Program, sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, provides scholarships for Moroccan high school students to spend one academic year in the United States.
Scholarship recipients live with host families, attend U.S. high schools, and participate in special enrichment activities that include community service, youth leadership training, a civics education program, and other activities that help them develop a comprehensive understanding of American culture and develop leadership skills. Likewise, these students serve as cultural ambassadors for their home countries, representing their own rich heritage to their American host communities.
The program supports students with disabilities and encourages their participation.
Kennedy-Lugar YES scholarships cover all major expenses, including airfare, room and board, health insurance, pocket money, and educational supplies.
Applicants to the Kennedy-Lugar YES program must meet the following criteria:
• Have a record of high academic achievement
• Demonstrate flexibility and commitment to promoting cross cultural understanding
• Must be born between August 1st, 1996 and August 1st, 1998
• Will be entering grade 10 or 11 in Fall 2012
• Meet minimum English proficiency requirement
• Are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, and were not born in the United States
How to apply:
• Fill out the Kennedy-Lugar YES application completely.
• Provide official school grades for the last three years.
• Provide a passport-sized photo.
• Applicants can submit the application online to MoroccoYES@amideast.org , deliver it in person to AMIDEAST, send it through the school, or mail the application to the following address:
Kennedy-Lugar YES Program
AMIDEAST 35, Rue Oukaimeden, Agdal, Rabat
***Applications must be submitted no later than Wednesday, December 12th, 2012***
Please click the link below to download the preliminary application form: