We are not currently accepting applications. Please check this page for updates.
The Palestinian Youth Empowerment and Volunteerism Program, funded by the U.S. Consulate General in Jerusalem aims to empower Palestinian youth between the ages of 18-25 by engaging them in leadership roles in proposing, organizing, and implementing youth-led community service and other community initiatives that make a positive impact on their city, governorate, and nation.
In order to achieve the program main goal, the Palestinian Youth Empowerment and Volunteerism program will provide youth throughout the West Bank with opportunities to gain leadership and life skills through a training program followed by the opportunity to develop and propose for funding their own community-based, youth-led volunteer initiatives, which the youth themselves will implement if their proposals are selected funding.
By the conclusion of the program’s activities, AMIDEAST, together with local NGO partner the Rozana Association, will have developed and enhanced the leadership and community engagement skills of 90 youth, as well as promoted and spread a spirit of volunteerism throughout the communities impacted by the youth-led community initiatives.
A certificate will be provided at the successful completion of the program.
1. 90 hours of comprehensive training
- Life skills - Communication Skills, Presentation Skills, Leadership and Community Engagement, & Public Speaking
- Proposal Writing and Fundraising
- ICT/Digital and Social Media Training
2. Youth-led Community Service Initiatives: An opportunity to design, propose and implement community projects.
3. The Birzeit Heritage Week Festival, 2012: Lead planning, organizing, and implementation of the youth-led Annual Birzeit Heritage Week Festival, including specialized trainings in event management, basic exhibit curation, public relations and networking, marketing and presentation
4. Jerusalem Paths Youth-Led Initiative:The possibility to be engaged in and receive specialized training in planning, organizing, and leading specialized tours in the Old City of Jerusalem
In order to be considered for this Program, an applicant must meet all of the following requirements:
- Currently between 18-25 years old
- Be able to participate from January 2012-August 2012.
- Previous experience with voluntary work and community service
- Previous leadership roles
- Able to participate in one of these cities/districts: Ramallah, Jerusalem, Nablus, & Hebron