We are not currently accepting applications. Please check this page for updates.
Are you interested in pursuing your undergraduate education in the U.S.A.?
The David Mize Undergraduate
The David Mize Scholarship program supports undergraduate students for four years of study at top U.S. universities. The value of the award is up to $50,000 US Dollars per year and requires that awardees secure additional outside financial support.
This merit-based scholarship seeks well-rounded students with excellent grades, high test scores, robust extracurricular activities and demonstrate leadership qualities. The scholarship is named after David Mize, former AMIDEAST/Egypt Country Director, in recognition of his leadership in the field of international education.
- Egyptian national residing in Egypt
- Current high school student applying for undergraduate studies
- Committed to completing a bachelor’s degree in the U.S. within four years
- Strong academic background
- Actively involved in extra-curricular activities
- Has applied to at least one of the following top U.S. universities for Fall 2012:
- Harvard University
- Yale University
- Stanford University
- Princeton University
- Columbia University
- Cornell University
- University of Michigan
- University of Chicago
- University of California at Berkeley
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech)
- Johns Hopkins University
- Submitted online application by February 15, 2012
- TOEFL iBT score
- SAT I Reasoning Test score
- SAT Subject Test scores (optional)
- List of all U.S. universities to which the student has applied
- Copy of confirmation letters or acceptance letters received from the universities
- Copy of high school records
- 3 recommendation letters from high school teachers